Having been established in 1942, the company specialise in Telescopes, Binoculars, and other Optical products, of which we probably have the largest range in the Midlands.
As well as being one of the UK's Premier Optical Specialist retailers the company has now also turned its attentions to stocking a wide range of eclectic giftware & gadgets from some of the UK's leading companies.
We are dealers for Meade, Skywatcher, Celestron Astronomical Telescopes and Accessories. We also offer one of the largest range of Binoculars for both Bird Watching and Astronomy in the UK from the Worlds leading manufacturers.
|Ordering From Sherwoods|
Orders can be placed for all items on our web site. If you wish to order online we use the latest encryption to ensuring total protection against fraud.
All orders placed on line will be confirmed by e-mail.
On despatch of the goods an e-mail will be sent.
• Goods Shipped Via DPD are given a delivery window on the morning of delivery by e-mail, this enables the driver to advise you on a 1Hr Delivery window. (This feature is only available for orders placed via the website.)
Orders can be phoned through to our sales office, place you order over the phone, by giving your card and delivery details.
Orders can be Faxed direct to our offices, print your order summary, fill it in and Fax your order to us.
Orders can be Posted direct to our offices, print your order summary, fill it in and Post your order to us.
We accept the following forms of Payment
All Major Credit cards
Crossed Business Cheques (with letter head) or Personal cheques, made payable to 'Sherwoods Photo Ltd' (N.B. Goods will not be shipped until payment has cleared)
Pound Sterling Cash
Postal Order made payable to 'Sherwoods Photo Ltd' All prices displayed on our site are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. All credit/debit card transactions are subject validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
Bank Transfer - Please contact us for bank detials
We will not charge your card until your goods are ready for despatch, unless by prior arrangement but please do note that on the odd occasion when an unusual non stock item is required, we will require payment in full.
If your chosen method of payment is by cheque, we will not despatch your order until our bank has notified us that payment has cleared. This can take up to 7 banking days.
Please write your name and address on the back of your cheque and include a covering letter detailing your order.
We try our hardest to offer the most competative price but sometimes goods are out there somewhere cheaper ! In the event you manage to find a better deal than the one shown on our website please let us know, as long as it is brand new, unopened, UK stock (Not a grey import) then we will try our best to match the price. To enable us to check for you we need the following information.
We will also need to take into account :
You can either e-mail us with the details or contact us on the phone (01527-857500)
Any order that is received and is in stock will normally be shipped out within 24 hrs (Monday-Friday Subject to stock) . We currently use the following methods for delivery within the UK are :-
Heavy & bulky items are shipped via DPD. (Delivery times Mon - Fri 9.00-5.30) and is fully insured against loss or damage while in transit.
The following statement only applies to goods that are shipped via Courier, these include most items over £100.00
NB a charge of £10.00 will be made on any item that is returned by DPD due to there being no one at the delivery address given on two attempts (+ the 3 days held at depot after the last card was left awaiting collection), this is to cover the cost of returning the item by DPD. An extra charge will also be made to re ship the item out to you again, a cancellation of an order on return to us after non delivery will be automatically be charged a restocking fee of 10%. If after two attempts the couriers have failed to find anyone in at the premises named for delivery a further attempt will be chargeable after this the goods will have to be collected from the depot. Your local depot can be found by clicking the logo above.
Royal Mail :- Small items will be shipped to you using Standard Parcel Post or Standard Mail (Delivery Times subject to post office ) and is insured against loss or damage while in transit.
Should you find it necessary to return goods for an Under Warranty repair please contact us first via e-mail to request a reference we will then advise on the best way to return the item. Please ensure that items are safely packaged we cannot be held responsible for goods returned damaged or lost while in transit.
We will compensate your return postage costs for warranty repairs ONLY within the first 14 days, after that period the customer bears the full cost of return postage. We will only refund the costs of the return transit when the method used was as advised by us. Goods found to be defective and under warranty will be shipped back free of charge either from ourselves or from the Manufacturer/Distributor. Please note that any goods returned back to us which prove to be non defective will be returned and the returned shipping cost will be charged at cost.
If you are requesting an exchange of product (other than because of an error by us) then we reserve the right to charge you an additional delivery cost.
|Terms & Conditions|
1. EU residents pay the VAT inclusive price (VAT at appropriate rate, currently 20%).
2. Payment accepted by credit/debit card, postal/money order, or cash/cheque
3. Personal cheque's over the amount covered by the guarantee card will be cleared prior to the goods being released
4. Goods not sold on a trial basis unless otherwise agreed
5. Goods offered subject to being unsold. In the event of non-availability of goods, we reserve the right to rescind the contract.
6. All goods remain Sherwoods photographic property until paid for in full.
7. Prices and manufacturers specifications subject to change without notice. Prices may change due to currency fluctuations
... (You will be informed of any changes in the quoted price prior to entering into a contract).
8. Claims for damage, non-functionality and mis-shipping must be made within Fourteen days of receipt.
9. A restocking fee of up to 10% may be charged on certain items returned, which prove to be non-defective*
10. All returns must be in stock condition and be authorised by Sherwoods Photographic.
11. You are responsible for ensuring safe delivery of the returned item.
12. Goods returned for repair that show no fault will be shipped back and a charge for shipping & handling will be made.
13. If part of these terms is found to be unlawful, it shall not affect the validity of the remainder.
14 These terms and conditions do not affect consumer statutory rights.
15. Errors and omissions excepted.
16. Orders made for any products or services displayed on this website, including prices, do not constitute an offer to enter into a contract or agreement. Your order is deemed to be an offer for the products or services selected and Sherwoods Photo Ltd is not obliged to accept your order.
*Unless returned within 7 days under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000 - See below
If you feel the need to raise a query in regard to problem you have experienced with (Sherwoods Photo Ltd you should do the following :
1. Contact Matthew Frost on either (Tel) 01527-857500 or (Fax) 01527-857501 or e-mail Matt@Sherwoods-Photo.com
2. Give as much information regarding the nature of your complaintIn return we promise that any problems/queries raised will be handled fairly and in complete confidence within a five working day period.
|Cancellation rights (Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000)|
As a consumer purchasing mail order under the 'Cancellation rights (Under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000)' you are entitled to a 7 day cancellation period. This regulation gives you the right to return the goods ordered without the need to give reason within 7 working days of receiving the item (starting the day after receipt), and by doing so to receive a full refund with 30 days of the goods arriving back to Sherwoods, (excluding the shipping & return shipping charge). The 7 day cancellation period is not applicable to Computer Software. If you wish to return goods under the above terms please contact Sherwoods to inform them of the return so that we can process you refund as quickly as possible.
|Accepting your order|
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Maestro and Debit cards, Cheques and Postal Orders.
Orders made for any products or services displayed on this website, including prices, do not constitute an offer to enter into a contract or agreement. Your order is deemed to be an offer for the products or services selected and Sherwoods Photo Ltd is not obliged to accept your order.
We reserve the right to refuse any order or any part of an order, or to require further information to enable us to evaluate, validate and/or process an order. Any fraudulent or suspicious transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
Privacy Statement for Sherwoods-Photo.com
Sherwoods Photo Ltd has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.sherwoods-photo.com. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information. This site contains links to other sites. Sherwoods-Photo.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor's contact information (like their email address*) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. Financial information that is collected is used to bill the user for products and services.
* Your e-mail address will not be used in any way for any marketing material, any mail address given will only be used to contact you in relation to an order placed i.e. for delivery times or queries Contacting the Web SiteIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact
North Court House
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
|Used when the customer clicks on the 'remember my details for next time' option on the checkout.|
|used to tell if cookies are enabled (Does not hold user identifiable information)|
|used to tell if a cart has been abandoned.|
All Prices, availability, appearance, product descriptions, and accessories are based on available manufacturer information and are subject to change without notice. All logo's and Trademarks remain the property of the respective manufactures or companies.
All Information and Images on this site are © Matt 2012 (Sherwoods Photo Ltd UK)
Errors and omissions excepted.