There are many dos and don’ts when considering bird watching binoculars. These are important things to know if you are a keen bird watcher, and should help bird watchers of any level of experience excel.
1) The power, or magnification, of you bird watching binoculars optimally should be at least 7. 7 power binoculars are considered the lowest requirement to capture a good image of bird. However, do not be tempted to oversee this and opt for a 10 power for instance. With greater magnification comes less stability, so there is the constant balance of magnification vs. image quality.
2) Weight. Weight is important when considering bird watching binoculars. At the end of the day, you are going to be carrying your binoculars with you on your walks, and something uncomfortable is not suitable. Also make sure that the binoculars come with adjustable straps, as you do not want to have them bouncing off your stomach whilst your walk.
1) Pocket sized binoculars. These compact binoculars are good in their own right, but definitely should not be picked as a main bird watching binocular. They do not offer quality or stability, or even often the magnification that larger binoculars do. This will impact on your viewing in a detrimental way.
2) Do not purchase binoculars until you have fully tested them out. It can be tempting to see an item on sale with a seemingly good spec range on paper, but unless you have tested them out, you will never fully know how well they will function. After all, bird watching binoculars should be comfortable, and this is very hard to test in the environment of a shop.
Bird watching is becoming an ever more popular past time of the British nation. With a huge and electric range of species, the UK really can offer some amazing sights for keen bird watchers. Also, with Britain being a very costal area, birds are abundant here, and with the different landscapes of Britain’s coastline comes different types of bird. Finding the right bird watching binoculars can be a challenge, but they are essential for capturing these amazing animals.
Our first top tip for bird watching is finding a good pair of bird watching binoculars. You can opt for traditional and reliable binoculars, or you can indulge in some high tech, and find binoculars with accessories such as image stabilisation and anti-fog mechanisms. Whatever you choose however, you should feel comfortable whilst using them, and make sure that they are a good weight for you.
It is also imperative to study a good field guide. After all, there is no point in having a brilliant pair of bird watching binoculars if you don’t know where the birds are! You should attempt to familiarise yourself with different species of birds. Birds are classified into families, so it can also be beneficial to study the nature of these families, and their specific habitats. After you can differentiate between families, it is a good idea to start looking at sub-groups, and then onto more specific types of bird.
Learning bird calls can also be useful for anyone wanting to bird watch. This makes it easier to locate a bird just by hearing it –rather than attempting to view it. Using all of your senses is key to spotting a good bird.
Binoculars are simply two telescopes strapped together, one for each eye. Whilst this limits them in some areas such as range, it allows the viewer to effectively judge distance. This is because to be able to judge distance, a person needs both eyes to view the object, which traditional astronomical telescopes do not do. Socially, binoculars are used mainly for bird watching, and they are the perfect tool to help you to do this. They are generally light weight, and easy to use.
Binoculars work on the principle of a reflector telescope. This means that instead of a traditional straight lens, binoculars have mirrors inside them which help to gather light. This all adds up for quality of image when viewing through the binocular.
With technology taking a presence in all fields of life, new high-tech binocular technology has changed the way that hand-held binoculars work. Some binoculars can now offer image stabilisation, allowing the viewer to view a desired moving target with extra confidence. This image stabilisation generally works by having gyroscopes mounted within the binoculars to stable the inevitable shaky movements. However, some disadvantages also come with this technology. Mainly, this regards the quality of image. The quality of image from a binocular fastened to a tripod will not be as good as expected. Also, these high tech binoculars tend to be more expensive, and heavier.
New technologies are revolutionising the way binoculars function. With this new technology generally comes expense, but it is well worth it. Modern binoculars can come with an array of specification, with extras such as Anti-Fog viewing.
The age of the internet has given us more shopping opportunities than ever before. You’re free to buy anything you could imagine from the comfort of your own home, yet some people need a bit of a push in the right direction. If you’re thinking of investing in a new pair of binoculars, here are just a few reasons that you should head online to buy them:
• It’s convenient. Shopping for bird watching binoculars online has the distinct advantage that it’s far more convenient than shopping in person. You’re free to browse at your leisure and from wherever you are, offering a great stress-free alternative to traditional shopping.
• You’ll have access to an extensive selection of products. The amount of stock at a high street store can often leave you disappointed, but that’s not the case when you head online. The online catalogue will list every single product that they have on offer, giving far more choice than previously.
• You could save time and money. It can be a great time saver as there’s no need to go to the store in person, and many online retailers are able to pass on fantastic discounts as well – the perfect combination.
• You’ll have instant access to expert advice. Specialist suppliers of bird watching binoculars will often have an extensive level of knowledge in the area, and that expertise will be just a click or phone call away.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to buy binoculars online. It can be the perfect way to find the products that you’re looking for, and if you want to see for yourself just take a look around and see what we can offer.
With summer having (briefly) come and gone, there’s a distinct chill in the air. The nights are drawing in and winter is rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on bird watching for the season. With the right preparation you can continue your hobby into the winter months with ease, and if you invest in the right equipment you’ll be ready to go at a moments’ notice.
Your first consideration should always be waterproof clothing. If you’re heading into the wild to do your bird watching then it’s essential to be prepared, because as we all know, the good old British weather is anything but predictable. But, the right type of clothing (as well as wellington boots and umbrellas) will mean that you’re ready for anything the season could throw at you, keeping you dry and comfortable as you indulge in your hobby.
There are plenty of other pieces of equipment you could need to really make the most of your time, but binoculars will always be at the top of the list. You need to make sure you’ve got a particularly robust pair of bird watching binoculars at this time of year, and ideally you should choose models that are water resistant to ensure durability. But, as with any season you always need to make sure you’ve got high-quality binoculars for enhanced optical performance, and if you’re looking for products that can meet your needs just take a look around.
So, make sure that you’ve got the right equipment and you’ll be totally prepared for the months ahead. Bird watching can be a great hobby at any time of year, and if you invest in high-end bird watching binoculars you can continue to enjoy it throughout the season.
Anyone that’s looked out into their garden at night could well be surprised by what they see. It’s an entirely different landscape complete with different wildlife, and with the right conditions you could experience a whole new world in your very own back garden. The only problem with that is it can often be difficult to see what’s out there – put on any lights and you’ll instantly scare away any nocturnal animals that could be about – which is why night vision could be the perfect solution.
This technology has come into its own in recent years, and new developments combined with a reduction in price means that everyone can now reap the benefits. There are small devices or binoculars that are perfect for home use – they can simply be kept in the conservatory for when the mood arises or for when you can spot something particularly intriguing – or you can go for more advanced options if you want to keep a closer eye on things. Whatever you choose you’ll find a wealth of wildlife-spotting opportunities when the twilight hours hit, and if you’ve got binoculars ready and waiting you won’t have to miss a thing.
We know that there’s nothing better than seeing your garden come alive at night, which is why we’ve got an extensive selection of night vision devices to ensure there’s something for everyone. We can even advise on the best products for your particular needs and budget and we’re confident you’ll find something to suit, so get in touch today and you’ll soon be seeing your garden in a whole new light.
Bird watching can be a fantastic hobby. You can find yourself absorbed for hours, closed up in the hide or simply looking out into the garden or fields beyond, noticing all the wonderful species that come your way. You never know what you might come across, but if you really want to make the most of your hobby then having quality bird watching binoculars is essential.
Going for quality binoculars will give you the clarity you need to spot anything that comes close. It can mean the difference between correctly identifying a bird and having doubts as to what it was, and with many markings being incredibly fine it’s vital you can tell them apart.
This means you need to look for bird watching binoculars that come complete with high resolutions and excellent contrast capabilities, as well as plenty of usable design features that ensure their suitability for the job. They should be robust enough to cope with the demands placed upon them, offering exceptional durability that doesn’t compromise clarity. Ultimately you’ll want a scope that can offer the perfect combination of dependability and exceptional optical performance, and when you come to us that’s exactly what you’ll be able to find.
There’s nothing better than being able to really indulge in your hobby, and investing in high-end binoculars can be the perfect way to treat yourself. With quality options you’ll be able to enjoy your bird watching time to its full potential, so take a look around and you’ll soon find just what you’re looking for.