The age of the internet has given us more shopping opportunities than ever before. You’re free to buy anything you could imagine from the comfort of your own home, yet some people need a bit of a push in the right direction. If you’re thinking of investing in a new pair of binoculars, here are just a few reasons that you should head online to buy them:
• It’s convenient. Shopping for bird watching binoculars online has the distinct advantage that it’s far more convenient than shopping in person. You’re free to browse at your leisure and from wherever you are, offering a great stress-free alternative to traditional shopping.
• You’ll have access to an extensive selection of products. The amount of stock at a high street store can often leave you disappointed, but that’s not the case when you head online. The online catalogue will list every single product that they have on offer, giving far more choice than previously.
• You could save time and money. It can be a great time saver as there’s no need to go to the store in person, and many online retailers are able to pass on fantastic discounts as well – the perfect combination.
• You’ll have instant access to expert advice. Specialist suppliers of bird watching binoculars will often have an extensive level of knowledge in the area, and that expertise will be just a click or phone call away.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to buy binoculars online. It can be the perfect way to find the products that you’re looking for, and if you want to see for yourself just take a look around and see what we can offer.
With summer having (briefly) come and gone, there’s a distinct chill in the air. The nights are drawing in and winter is rapidly approaching, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on bird watching for the season. With the right preparation you can continue your hobby into the winter months with ease, and if you invest in the right equipment you’ll be ready to go at a moments’ notice.
Your first consideration should always be waterproof clothing. If you’re heading into the wild to do your bird watching then it’s essential to be prepared, because as we all know, the good old British weather is anything but predictable. But, the right type of clothing (as well as wellington boots and umbrellas) will mean that you’re ready for anything the season could throw at you, keeping you dry and comfortable as you indulge in your hobby.
There are plenty of other pieces of equipment you could need to really make the most of your time, but binoculars will always be at the top of the list. You need to make sure you’ve got a particularly robust pair of bird watching binoculars at this time of year, and ideally you should choose models that are water resistant to ensure durability. But, as with any season you always need to make sure you’ve got high-quality binoculars for enhanced optical performance, and if you’re looking for products that can meet your needs just take a look around.
So, make sure that you’ve got the right equipment and you’ll be totally prepared for the months ahead. Bird watching can be a great hobby at any time of year, and if you invest in high-end bird watching binoculars you can continue to enjoy it throughout the season.
Bird watching can be a fantastic hobby. You can find yourself absorbed for hours, closed up in the hide or simply looking out into the garden or fields beyond, noticing all the wonderful species that come your way. You never know what you might come across, but if you really want to make the most of your hobby then having quality bird watching binoculars is essential.
Going for quality binoculars will give you the clarity you need to spot anything that comes close. It can mean the difference between correctly identifying a bird and having doubts as to what it was, and with many markings being incredibly fine it’s vital you can tell them apart.
This means you need to look for bird watching binoculars that come complete with high resolutions and excellent contrast capabilities, as well as plenty of usable design features that ensure their suitability for the job. They should be robust enough to cope with the demands placed upon them, offering exceptional durability that doesn’t compromise clarity. Ultimately you’ll want a scope that can offer the perfect combination of dependability and exceptional optical performance, and when you come to us that’s exactly what you’ll be able to find.
There’s nothing better than being able to really indulge in your hobby, and investing in high-end binoculars can be the perfect way to treat yourself. With quality options you’ll be able to enjoy your bird watching time to its full potential, so take a look around and you’ll soon find just what you’re looking for.
The UK is superb for bird watching. So, as well as your new Sherwoods Photographic bird watching binoculars or telescopes, what makes the base of a great summer bird watching kit?
• Whether you’re a beginner or an avid devotee to twitching, a good pair of bird watching binoculars or specialist telescopes is essential. Shoddy equipment will simply detract from the pleasure of bird watching. Consider investing in a tripod to allow hands-free viewing.
• A notebook is an absolute must for all twitchers. It can also be a good idea to establish a set format as you record your observations (saves on confusion when referencing back over long periods of time) Try to note the time, date, location, weather, species, number and any other extra remarks, e.g. “fled into the hawthorn when the Blue Jay arrived” or “seem to prefer running water to still” etc.
• It’s important that your observations be accurate, so a good bird species or field guide that’s easy to reference quickly and clearly will be a great investment.
Whether you’re out in freezing gales or burning sunbeams, a little comfort is invaluable! Investing in a waterproof picnic blanket or small portable camping chair is a good idea for those indenting to be out in the elements for a good while (as is the nature of bird watching!)
Bird watching can actually be pretty physically demanding, so don’t’ forget to take warm layers, water and something nutritious to snack on (try to avoid noisy wrapping, opt for something like cling-film instead)
Whilst some folks invest in our bird watching binoculars and telescopes for adventures over hill and moor, we meet lots of lovely folks who are interested in twitching a little closer to home, namely in their own back gardens!
First off, if there are lots of cats in the neighbourhood you’re at a disadvantage. To get around this it’s best to create high-up bird-friendly areas where local birdlife can safely nest and feed. The eves of old sheds etc. are ideal; anywhere local moggies can’t reach! Try to choose a spot you can view easily and comfortably using your nice new bird watching binoculars or telescopes.
Nesting and Cover
• Native trees and foliage attracts native birds. Do a little research to find out what nature intended to be your garden.
• Protective hedgerows and climbers like ivy, hawthorn, privet and blackthorn are great hiding/feeding spots and nesting locations for small birds.
Water and Food
• Remember to encourage tasty insects which will in turn attract birds.
• A little lawn space will attract larger birds to hunt for juicy worms.
• A safely sited bird bath is great for all birds; close to hiding areas like bushes etc is ideal. Pop a few rocks in for smaller birds to perch on. Birds also love moving water, so a chemical-free water feature could work wonderfully.
• Keep all feeding spots off the ground and free from things like mould and accumulated dirt.
• Birds usually prefer their feeding spots to be a little way away from nesting locations.
What do Alison Steadman, the late Eric Morecambe, The Duke of Edinburgh, Cameron Diaz, Lee Evans and Neville Chamberlain have in common? Apart from being famous for various reasons, they are all keen bird watchers and these six names are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the numbers of people who enjoy ornithology.
Millions of people all over the world are bird watchers, some of them never moving from their gardens as they enjoy their hobby, while others travel all over the globe to see a rare bird. If you are thinking of getting involved with ornithology at whatever level – either in your garden or jet setting around the world – you will need to have a good pair of binoculars, and as you are here on the Sherwoods website you are in the right place to find top quality bird watching binoculars which will allow you to see the birds you are looking for close up.
If you want more information about how to get involved with bird watching, have a look online and you will be able to find a club or association in your area who will be able to give you advice about how to get started. On the other hand you may not want to get involved with a structured organisation, preferring instead to just get out into the wilds and enjoy watching these fascinating creatures close up with your bird watching binoculars. Whichever option you go for, happy twitching!
One thing the keen ornithologist cannot do without is a good pair of binoculars, and this is why many birdwatchers turn to Sherwoods Photographic when they need high quality binoculars and other accessories. If you are looking for equipment which will help you get the best experience from your hobby, then you are in the right place because here at Sherwoods we stock just about everything you need to see that rare bird when it turns up in your area.
It’s not just birdwatchers who buy their equipment from us, so if you are interested in watching the night time habits of badgers or other nocturnal animals you will find a great range of night vision equipment here as well. Moving away from birds and other animals, there are many uses for night vision equipment.
For example, security guards who need to see what is happening during the night at the premises they are protecting would find their job more or less impossible without these products, as would the police and the armed forces. British soldiers use night vision equipment on their patrols in Afghanistan and they point out that this is one of the most important pieces of kit they have as it allows them to pinpoint potential targets more accurately.
Whatever your reasons for using this kit – for viewing nocturnal animals or for security purposes – you will find a great selection here on the Sherwoods website, as well as a fantastic range of bird watching binoculars.